About Me

Reston, VA, United States
Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Helper

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Garden Plot Coordinator and Giving Back

Recently at our rented garden plot, it was announced that the Garden Plot Coordinator had to give up her post. Why I raised my hand, I have no idea. But, I did and I am the new Hunter Woods 1 Garden Plot Coordinator.

It's actually not a difficult job. Other gardeners can contact me for the lock code or if they have concerns about an overgrown garden. There is a big annual gardeners event that I will be involved in coordinating later in the year but I will have the assistance of Reston and should be able to come up with a plan.

The giving back is two fold. First of all, we live here, it's nice to be involved in the community where you live. You meet new people  and share ideas. The second part is a program for the local food bank and shelter. As is typical nationwide, fresh food is difficult and expensive for the food banks. They have asked us to let them know if we are going on vacation and they will help collect produce before it goes bad. In addition, if we have abundance of anything, they would love to have any extra. I think that is such a great idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment